Sign up for our Pro Game Developer newsletter and receive our Free Guide to Careers In Games, full of profiles, interviews, and more!
We Help Students Get Jobs in Game Development
- High school students: get matched with a Game Career Advisor to start your career in games, art, or computer science
- Our advisors are industry professionals from companies like EA and Zynga who will lay our a road map for your career
- Our students save an average of $7,500 in game software discounts and scholarships
- Have a professional find the best colleges for you and work together towards admissions success
Download Our Free Guide to Careers in Games, with Profiles, Interviews with Pros, and more!
High School Students: You love games, now make them for a living!
Making games for a living is one of the top dream jobs among high school students; and for good reason! The average game developer makes $81,000 a year, and the industry is booming at over $56 billion in 2012.
Unfortunately, many students and parents don't know what steps should be taken to prepare for a promising career in games. That's where Game Career Advisor comes in!
You'll be matched up with a trained career advisor, someone who has years of experience working in the industry who can provide you with a personalized road map to the right schools, supply you with pro software and resources to help you learn, and save you money with scholarships. You'll be making games, improving your skills, and having fun on your way to a bright future.
Here's How It Works:
Download our free guide to learn more about career paths in games
We'll contact you to match you with one of our game industry pros in animation, programming, or design. No obligations!
Meet regularly via online chat to plan your future, learn new skills, and help you get a job as a game developer!
Hear from a Parent...
"Our advisor was very professional and began to lay out a plan for my son from our first session. He helped us find the right college programs to look into, great discounts on software and also advised my son on how he can be getting the most out of his high school courses. I would definitely recommend Game Career Advisor for any student interested in making games for a living."
- Kim M., parent
Meet One of Our Pro Advisors
Brice is a Lead Game Designer with four years of experience in the games industry at Zynga and Electronic Arts (EA). Brice has a Bachelor's Degree in Interdisciplinary Computer Science from the University of Virginia, where he was the founder and first president of the campus's first student game development organization. Click here to learn more about our pro advisors.
What To Expect From Your Advisor Sessions
Your Game Career Advisor will guide you from your very first session in how you can be working towards a job making games. Session content includes:
- Details on the career paths within games and planning a personalized road map to becoming a Game Designer, Programmer, Artist, or Animator
- Assistance with high school course selection, homework and extra curricular activity with an eye towards college and career development
- Discounts on professional game development software including programming, art, and animation (the average student saves $7,500)
- Personalized research of prospective college programs and scholarships, taking into account your interests, goals, financial situation, and location
- Application essay brainstorming and feedback, as well as college admissions interview prep
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Download your free Game Career Guide today!